Permission required: Global Roles->Customization->Customize content
Sections & Subsections
You can create custom sections by clicking the Add Section button in Customization->Project Settings.Once a section is added you can add subsections to it by clicking the Add Subsection button from within that section's page. You can also add subsections to original sections.
You can delete custom sections and subsections, but you cannot delete original sections or subsections.
Questions and answers must appear in a subsection. Creating a custom section alone is insufficient. There must be at least one subsection in that section before you can add questions and answers.
Add/Edit Question & Answers
You can create a new question by clicking on the "Add Question" button from within a subsection. You can modify an existing question by clicking on its title from within the subsection.
- Questions: A question that groups together a set of answers. For brevity, original content uses terminology like "Application type" for the question rather than "What is the application type". The "What is" part is inferred. Questions have optional help text.
- Format: A multiple choice question is one where the user can pick any number of the supplied answers. Each answer is presented to the user as a check box. A single choice question is one where the user can only pick one of the supplied answers. Each answer will be presented to the user as a radio-button.
- Policy: A question can be marked as optional (the default for all SD Elements content), mandatory, or hidden. Hidden questions will not be displayed in the survey presented to users when they make projects. A question that has been marked as mandatory must be answered before a list of tasks is generated for a new project. Existing projects will not be effected by changes to the status of questions unless their project settings are modified or their task list is updated by accepting new tasks. Hiding all the questions in a subsection will hide the subsection. Hiding all the subsections in a section will hide the section.
- Answers: Possible answers to the question. If the question is single choice, then the answers are radio-buttons and users can only select one. If the question is multiple choice, then users can select multiple answers. Answers also have optional help text. Answers are the "settings" you are selecting in the project settings. Once you save a question, you can add more answers to it.
- Implied Answers: After saving a question you can also optionally select implied answers. These answers will automatically select other answers. Implied answers cascade; meaning if A implies B, and B implies C, then by selecting A, a user will automatically select both B & C.
Warning: Cyclic conflicts are possible through this sort of customization. For example, if A implies B, B implies C, and C implies A, then if a user selects A they will receive an error. Be careful not to introduce cyclic conflicts when designing custom content.
- Move to Question: You can move a single answer to belong to a different question in any other section. You can also move any subsection to a different section.