Permission required: Global Roles->Customization->Customize content
SD Elements allows for adding and editing custom problems. Note that problems only show up to end users through their corresponding tasks, or through the Problem Summary Report.
The official set of problems are displayed in this section of the site as well, so you can review what content already exists. The official problems are read-only.
You can create a new problem by clicking on the "Add Problem" button. You can modify an existing problem by clicking on its title from the Customization->Problems page.
Inside of the Add New Problem / Edit Problem page, you will see the following fields:
- Title: The title of the problem. Note that the problem title will not normally appear to users in a project, except if they generate a Problem Summary Report.
- Risk: The risk score of the problem, which is analogous to the priority of a task.
- Common Weakness Enumeration Identifier: An optional pointer to the Common Weakness Enumeration (CWE) for common software weaknesses. This includes CWE entries that are not part of the original content in SD Elements.
- Text: A text description of the problem. This should be concise and describe what the impact will be if somebody does not solve the problem.
- Rules: The section titled Applicable to a Project when the following rules are met shows the rules for the problem. If you do not enter any rules, then this problem will appear in all projects.
You can perform actions on a custom problem:
- Delete Problem: Permanently delete a problem. You can only delete custom problems. If you delete a problem you will be prompted to select an alternative problem for any tasks that refer to it.
- Save: Save changes to the problem
- Cancel: Discard changes made