SD Elements JIRA Requirements
To successfully integrate with JIRA the following should be met:
- The JIRA server is version 4.3.3+, 5.x, or 6.x - a cloud-based or onsite deployment.
- SD Elements should have network connectivity to the JIRA server. If this is not possible, then at least one other system running Windows should have connectivity to both SD Elements and the JIRA server
- If https is used, and the certificate authority is not public, then SD Elements needs to be setup to trust the JIRA server certificate.
- The JIRA server configuration must enable remote API access.
- SD Elements authenticates to JIRA using a normal JIRA user. Therefore, a JIRA service user account is needed. The service account needs must have permission to create issues, and update issue status, in each connected project.
SD Elements integrates with JIRA two possible ways:
- Within the web application, or “in-app”: In this mode, the SD Elements server needs to be able to access JIRA server directly.
- Using a client application, Windows Integration Console: This setup supports configurations where SD Elements server cannot access JIRA directly and an intermediary node is needed.
- Custom issue types are supported in both in-app and Windows Integration Console applications.
- Custom fields which i) are not required or ii) have default values do not require special setup during an integration.