Background: Understand: SD Elements Permissions
Permission required: Global Roles->User Management->Add user
This page presents a list of all global roles, and allows you to create new roles. The roles appear as rows, with individual columns representing permissions. You can click on the tabs to see their permissions:
- Project Management: Creating and deleting applications and projects.
- User Management: Adding and editing users.
- Administration: Viewing and editing all projects.
- Integration: Creating new integration profiles for use in individual projects.
- Customization: Customizing content.
Default Global Role
You can select a default global role for new users. This is particularly important for SAML & LDAP authentication. New users will access the system and automatically be granted certain permissions. By default this value is the restricted User role. You may wish to give users more permissive roles, such as Project Lead or a custom role.
This page presents a list of all project roles, and allows you to create new roles. The roles appear as rows, with individual columns representing permissions. You can click on the tabs to see their permissions:
- Tasks: Changing task status, add notes.
- Integration: Integrating with third party systems.
- Project Management: Changing project settings, project details, archiving, and assigning tasks.
Add/Edit/Delete New Role
You can create custom roles in SD Elements for both global and project roles.
Click on the Add New Role button to create a new role, or click on an existing custom role name to edit a role.
This page has the following fields:
- Name: Role name.
- Description: Short description of the role.
- Inherit from: Only for new roles, this copies the permissions from an existing role to start with.
You can set individual permissions for custom roles through the User Management->Global Roles and User Management->Project Roles pages.
You can delete custom roles by clicking in the Delete Role button.