Last Updated: Dec 21st, 2018
We work on an agile development basis. As a result, the roadmaps are highly dynamic, and we only commit to the items we are working on in the current iteration. This means it is not possible to provide an exact release date for each item in the roadmap until the item begins development.
In place of release dates, we can share a general relative priority of the items in the roadmap shown below.
In addition, the roadmap represents only the major features. There are a large volume of small improvements that are scheduled and continuously carried out that are not listed here for the sake of clarity.
As of the Last Updated date, the feature roadmap is as follows.
Note: Training integration with SD Elements is now considered a product of its own. As a result, its roadmap is being managed in a separate article: SD Elements Training Integration Roadmap.
Currently working on (Highest Priority):
- Process Tasks (beta): Enhance SD Elements to help assess the security across your organization, make recommendations, and report on implementation of these recommendations through integrations with standard GRC tools.
- Project Creation Automation (beta): a framework that enables SD Elements to automatically create and partially model new projects, and automatically recommend and apply proper risk policies.
- Remote Integration Agent improvements: The SD Elements Remote Integration Agent allows customers using the cloud (SaaS) version of SD Elements to communicate with on-premise application lifecycle management (ALM) and verification tools. Enhancements include: An integrated download/update experience, and better monitoring of Remote Integration Agent managed jobs.
- Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) Improvements: Map custom statuses between SD Elements and ALM tools such as Jira, CA Agile Central, and IBM Rational Team Concert to better track tasks in progress, and add client side certificates for additional security.
- Redesigned Verification Connections: Create and manage connections more easily with verification tools such as Fortify and Veracode.
- Integration with CI/CD pipelines: Fail builds that don’t currently comply with your SD Elements risk policies automatically using the SD Elements plugins for Jenkins, Xebialabs, and Azure Pipelines.
- Improved Auditing and Management of Tasks: Empower customers to better track, sign-off, and report on the completion status of tasks and why survey answers were selected, along with recording the rationale for auditing purposes.
- Accessibility: Improve Accessibility in SD Elements.
- Stateful Projects: Help users better manage SD Elements projects at different stages of their development.
- Improvements to Just-In-Time-Training (JITT): Offer a more integrated, subtopic-based training experience, and improved delivery of the latest JITT courseware.
- Improved Reporting: Get a more holistic view of the status of projects in a company with enhanced Global Reports that can be customized on the basis of risk policies or custom attributes being used by your organization.
- Better collaboration with vendors of commercial-of-the-shelf software: Make it easier for customers to empower their vendors to use SD Elements to profile, report back on progress, and receive recommendations on securing applications.
- Improved Single Sign-On: Enhance single sign-on experience by allowing the use of OAuth credentials.