To install a certificate to the trust store on your SD Elements Appliance, you will need to do the following:
For CentOS or RedHat-based appliances:
- Install the ca-certificates package: (yum -y -q install ca-certificates)
- Force an update on the appliance's CA trust store (update-ca-trust force-enable)
- Copy your certificate into the /etc/pki/ca-trust/source/anchors directory on the appliance.
- Import your certificate into the store (update-ca-trust extract)
For Ubuntu-based appliances:
- Copy your certificate to the /usr/local/share/ca-certificates directory on your appliance
- Update the CA trust store (update-ca-certificates)
- The commands listed above require sudo/root permissions on your appliance.
- If the certificate you are using was signed by a local CA, you will need to import the signing certificate from that CA as well.
For versions >=4.4 only:
To add custom CA certificates using the custom.yaml file, please refer to https://support.sdelements.com/hc/en-us/articles/201464405-Customization-SD-Elements-OSD-using-the-YAML-File and refer to the role::server::custom_ca_certs parameter.