Last Updated: Jan 30th, 2017
We work on an agile development basis. As a result, the roadmaps are very dynamic and we only commit to the items we are currently working on in the current iteration. This means it is not possible to provide an exact release date for each item in the roadmap with any meaningful sense of confidence until the work starts on the item.
What we can share in place of a roadmap is a general relative priority of the items in the roadmap as you can see below.
In addition, the roadmap represents only the major features. There are a large volume of small improvements that are scheduled and are continuously carried out that are not listed here for the sake of keeping it easy to digest.
As of the date shown in the Last Updated date, the feature roadmap is as follows.
The current beta training integration in SD Elements, which contains:
- Completion Tracking
- Completion Reporting for Admin
- A course+modules catalogue view for individual users along with completion indication
- Linking from requirements and other artifacts in projects to training modules
- Selection of courses per purchase
- Ability to offer in shared servers
- Basic export capability for completion data
- Basic license management (expiry, basic audit)
The proposed Phase II (2017) enhancements will focus mostly on gathering feedback from market and customers using this feature. However, it also includes the following enhancements.
- ALM Sync support
- Import the rest of the courses catalogue into SD Elements
The proposed Phase III (2018) enhancements, subject to change based on the feedback in previous phase, currently is as follows:
- Supporting quiz and tracking quiz passes
- More detailed reports (pre-made reports for common use cases, e.g. pass fail percentages, admin and user level - branching by team/group)
- Learning path views (live view report per user)
- Completion certification for courses
- Completion certification for learning paths (SSP)
- Ability to give out tokens for certification exams
- License auditing SaaS (dev ops tools)
- Ease of updates for delivery purpose (course management and deployment tooling around SD Elements)
Here are the courses currently on SDE:
- Defending Mobile
- Defending Web Apps
- Defending .NET
- Defending PHP
- Defending Java
- Defending HTML5
- Defending iOS
The proposed Phase II (2017 Q4) enhancement to coverage:
- Defending Android
- Defending Node.js
- Appsec Fundamentals
- Defending C/C++